- Academic qualification in Computer Science, Informatics, or a related field together with experience in:
- High level programming languages (eg. Python, C++, etc.),
- Oracle RDBMS,
- Software code testing and deployment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience with cloud technologies and services (Azure or AWS) a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL programming (knowledge of PL/SQL is an advantage).
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Familiarity with source code management (Git).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills combined with strong problem solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must be fluent in English; German language skills advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in close cooperation within a team, and maintain professional and productive relationships with colleagues from diverse nationalities and backgrounds.
- Flexible working attitude and willingness to take on other tasks to benefit the department/institute.
Candidates should be available to take up the position as soon as possible (start date negotiable). We offer an initial fixed-term, full-time employment contract for one year, with the intention to extend to an open ended contract thereafter.
Eligible applicants wishing to work part-time hours may be considered.
Duties will be carried out at the IIASA premises in Laxenburg, Austria.
This position is classified as a ''Professional" level post
A minimum gross full-time (40 hours per week) annual salary of EUR 45,717.00 which is exempt from income tax in Austria.
The advertised salary is:
- Negotiable, based on the qualifications, skills and experience of the selected individual.
- Subject to deductions for health insurance and/or social security.
- Not directly comparable with other employers in Austria, due to the unique legal status and privileges granted to IIASA.
- Subject to the principle of income aggregation (Progressionsvorbehalt in German).
- Educational subsidies for children of school age enrolled in private schools in Austria.
- A generous annual leave allowance.
- Moving and settlement allowances and paid home leave for employees in scientific and professional categories hired from international locations.
- Assistance for newcomers to Austria with visa, work and residency permit applications.
- Support finding accommodation in Austria.
Further details here.